Storm Search (also known as StormSearch) is meant to be a tool that you can use to browse the web and, at the same time, check the weather forecast. Which will allure to some Google Chrome people, and they could set up the application without analyzing it and figuring out how it truly operates. If i.e. what you are doing at once, reliable on you. Carry on reading, and you will understand all about the dubious plug-in. As soon as you are carried out, you will realize what you desire to perform. Should you have the plugin set up earlier, chances are that you have already agreed that it’s useless and that you wish to eliminate it from the browser. Possibly you do not even realize where it arose from, and you can’t hesitate to erase Storm Search. In any case, hopefully, you will note responses in our article. If you intend to talk about anything in depth, add your inquiries beneath, and our analysts group shall get back to you promptly.
In the midst of our examination of Storm Search, its search program was leading to Yahoo Search. That indicates that its search service is fairly not functional. Yes, you may identify search resolutions you are after via the address box, but it’s not necessary for you to set up a browser add-on for that. Also, it is relatively weird how the plug-in routes. Officially, it have to direct to Bing Search, but, in practice, we saw it routing to Yahoo Search or Google Search instead. All three of those search utilities are respectable, and you might set them as default search providers if you intend to. However, trusting them when somebody leads is not a beneficial notion. It is not too difficult to adjust consequences, and changes might be used to imbed adverts and promoted content of unfamiliar parties. According to our analysts, it might be a issue of time earlier Storm Search began exhibiting ads. If you intend to dodge that, it could be a majority of rational to eliminate the PUP.
You can make use of the guide beneath if you are curious about erasing Storm Search using the manual method. As you may see, only a couple straightforward phases are obligatory for success. All you need to do is get into the ‘Extensions’ classification and uninstall the unnecessary one. Then, it is a must to enter the ‘blatant surfing facts’ menu and uninstall the cache, cookies, and other information that exists from the time the PUP was set up. That isn’t hard to do, and you have to deal with the assignment despite the fact that you are knowledgeable. What if you are struggling or you detected extra threats which call for termination too? If i.e. the case, you may be certain that through anti-malware program could be the best resolution. These programs will in an automatic way eliminate existing threats and potentially unwanted apps, and if you keep it got set up, it will also insure that your pc is kept shielded in the future.
Storm Search Behavior
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Storm Search Shows commercial adverts
- Slows internet connection
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Changes user's homepage
- Common Storm Search behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Storm Search Connects to the internet without your permission
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Storm Search browser extension
- Storm Search Deactivates Installed Security Software.
Storm Search effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 30%
- Windows 7 22%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 35%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Storm Search.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Storm Search Geography
Remove Storm Search from Windows
Remove Storm Search from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Storm Search from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Storm Search from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Storm Search from Your Browsers
Remove Storm Search from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Storm Search from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Storm Search (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Storm Search from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Storm Search) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.