SMedia (also known as SMedia Virus) is a potentially unwanted program that works on Google Chrome browsers. The utility falls below the noted kind since some of its functionality might annoy people and earn them want they have never set up it. If you wish to know which might be so aggravating relating to this add-on and find out where it can come from, you are advised to read our entire report. We in addition discuss how people can get rid of SMedia if they no longer want to maintain it on their internet browsers. Whether you ought one after another a guide that would explain how to eliminate this potentially unwanted application, we encourage weighting the elimination phases discovered under the report. We on top of that have a comments paragraph that you are welcome to make use of should you have any inQuiries associated with the examined browser plug-in.
At the date of writing SMedia is accessible on the Chrome Web Store site, but we aren’t sure in case the apps would seem interesting to these kinds of who run into it on this platform because it does not have a rating or any checks yet. However, the potentially unwanted program can also be distributed via pop-ups and advertisements that can lead to its legitimate site. Besides, it could come via document-spread pages like additional possibly undesirable apps. Thus, if you wish to stay away from such tool in the future, we suggest avoiding suspicious catalog-spread webpages, pop-ups, or ads, and do detailed study on all programs that you ponder installing. Another decent concept is to maintain a genuine antimalware tool that can locate possibly unwanted programs and assist you in keeping your computer clean.
How does SMedia run? If it sets up, the plug-in may alter your default search engine alongside a search portal called search.smedia.xyz/chrome/newtab/search.aspx?q. According to the software’s description available on the Chrome Web Store portal, the utility gives fast and easy search as well as significant and swiftly consequences. However, our research experts who tested the add-on’s included search page tell that it leads to a adjusted version of Yahoo. Thus, it is the Yahoo search engine that presents appropriate search results. It’s probable that you may acquire resolutions quicker by browsing straightaway via search.yahoo.com instead of having to hesitate until the possibly undesirable utility directs your search inquiry there. People should also understand that SMedia may read their surfing history. It signifies the add-on might amass data like your entered webpages, pressed ads, utilized keywords, and so on. If you do not desire it to perform so or don’t assume it is valuable, you are able to uninstall it.
These of you who want to eliminate SMedia in a manual way ought to have a check out the guide placed below this clause. They clarify how to terminate the potentially unneeded software from Google Chrome’s add-ons menu. The other way to eliminate SMedia is to obtain a trustworthy antimalware tool that can remove the unwanted plug-in for you. All you would need to do is let it do a thorough computer check, after which you ought to be able to get rid of any detected items by clicking the exhibited deletion button.
- Common SMedia behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Integrates into the web browser via the SMedia browser extension
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Installs itself without permissions
SMedia effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 24%
- Windows 7 23%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 42%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in SMedia.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove SMedia from Windows
Remove SMedia from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove SMedia from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove SMedia from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove SMedia from Your Browsers
Remove SMedia from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete SMedia from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with SMedia (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate SMedia from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to SMedia) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.