Do not automatically assume that Perfect Startpage (also known as Startpage Virus) is this perfect tool that can make your boring New Tab page on Google Chrome much more exciting. Yes, it may slap on an image for the portal’s background, it may suggestion weather data, and in addition, it can showcase quite a few interesting straightforward-access hyperlinks to well-recognized web pages. However, it is worthless beyond that. In truth, there is room to assert that, possibly, this program is in fact even hazardous to engage with. Should you have understood that a lot already, probably you earlier have resolved to uninstall splendid Startpage from your browser too. If that is your choice, an elimination guide is earlier hesitating for you beneath. However, if you are undecided, or should you have no notion why it’s essential to even ponder removing the add-on, we firmly recommend that you refrain on reading. If there is anything that you ought clarification or further details on, you may post queries in the comments paragraphs.
When we examined ideal Startpage, it did not have a download portal put up by its developer (T.M.D.S. TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT sparse); However, they had interjected the installer of this plug-in to the Chrome Web Store. If you utilized the installer available at chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/perfect-Startpage/aigcgboanjbenlnjcokbfmpihnmoobna, you ought to know that the add-on is designed to set another New Tab web page. This is where it movies images as backgrounds and moreover introduces a search dialog box that routing via perfectstartpage.com/search/?Q=df to google.com/search. We are confident that if you don’t use Google Search, you, at the extremely least, realize that this search engine has a decent reputation. Well, in these circumstances, we do not advise trusting any engine that ideal Startpage reroutes to. Why? In other words since we do not understand how this pup (PUP) may impact the consequences showcased to you. At the time of publication, it did not produce any alters, but that can always swap.
You ought to have no difficulty deleting ideal Startpage from Google Chrome. Of course, despite the fact that it is just an add-on, it may exit some things behind. For instance, web cookies. Because of this, once you terminate the PUP plug-in, we also advise that you noticeable surfing details. Should you have not carried out this previous, it can be an acceptable idea to glaring all, but recall that if you do that, all autofill items, saved passwords, and surfing history shall go away. Because of this, you might choose to choose and opt for what you desire to plain. At the terribly least, prefer a time spectrum in which splendid Startpage was set up, and choose the boxes thoroughly. After this, it is moreover a reasonable idea to do a entire computer scan. Possibly there are no additional infections that you ought to be alarmed relating to, but do you wish to exit that up to endanger? Need to leftover malicious software be detected, do not hesitate to set up an anti-malware utility that shall get rid of malicious software in an automatic way.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Slows internet connection
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Startpage Connects to the internet without your permission
- Changes user's homepage
Startpage effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 26%
- Windows 7 28%
- Windows Vista 13%
- Windows XP 33%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Startpage.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove Startpage from Windows
Remove Startpage from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Startpage from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Startpage from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Startpage from Your Browsers
Remove Startpage from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Startpage from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Startpage (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Startpage from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Startpage) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.