Whether you installed Nebula Search (also known as NebulaSearch) willingly, by accident, or because you felt forced to do it, there are a few reasons why our researchers place it in the PUP category and recommend removing it. PUP is short for “potentially unwelcome program,” and this term describes application or a plug-in that could arrive to display useful or not harmful operates but that turns out to be dubious or even harmful to some extent. We do not claim that this particular PUP is polluted, but there are a few things which may stop users from installing it onto their Google Chrome browsers. Hopefully, you are reading this article previous installing the add-on, and you will be able to make an informed option on whether or not you still want to install it afterward. Of course, if the potentially unwanted program is install former, we can show you helpful data. The biggest number of importantly, we can help you uninstall Nebula Search.
The installer of Nebula Search is presented at chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nebula-search/cocggcllacaaodbjobopljfooknipmle, but how you might end up on this web page is a mystery. You may always observe the potentially unwanted application on your own, whilst looking up new plug-ins. However, you are more possible to be led to its installer web page on the Chrome Web Store. Unfortunately, plenty of users trust this source blindly, and they might be unaware that they might encounter potentially undesirable software as well. In fact, whether you used this source or an entirely random downloader, the doubtful plug-in acts the same. The only difference is that if you used a third-party downloader, other programs and plug-ins may have been introduced at the same time. If you can observe them yourself, analysis them very promptly. If you are able to’t, install a powerful malicious software scanner to help you in an extensive system inspect. It goes without saying that all risks that could be located by the scanner should be uninstalled from the machine.
If you are eager that you do not know how to get rid of Nebula Search, take a deep breath and relax. This possibly unwanted software is not persistent when it comes to the removal, and even non-advanced users should be able to regulate it securely. You can act in accordance with the guides below if you don’t former know how to uninstall the dangerous programs, or you can install trustworthy anti-malware tool to have the PUP removed automatically. Whichever ploy of termination you choose, it is also a good idea to noticeable browsing quantities. This is something you do to clear browsing numbers, cookies, website numbers, cache, and additional factors of facts. It is good practice to evident browsing data to assure that your Google Chrome browser is safe after deleting pups. Of course, after you erase Nebula Search, we trust that you will be more careful related to installing new add-ons and programs.
Nebula Search Behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Installs itself without permissions
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
- Nebula Search Shows commercial adverts
- Nebula Search Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Nebula Search Connects to the internet without your permission
- Integrates into the web browser via the Nebula Search browser extension
- Common Nebula Search behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Changes user's homepage
Nebula Search effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 27%
- Windows 7 27%
- Windows Vista 8%
- Windows XP 38%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Nebula Search.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Nebula Search Geography
Remove Nebula Search from Windows
Remove Nebula Search from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Nebula Search from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Nebula Search from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Nebula Search from Your Browsers
Remove Nebula Search from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Nebula Search from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Nebula Search (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Nebula Search from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Nebula Search) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.